Faith Baptist Church, Port Harcourt (FBCPHC) was established in the year 1968 as the First Baptist Church, Diobu Port Harcourt. It was later renamed Faith Baptist Church, Old GRA, Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
View our Full History.
FBC is a member of the Nigerian Baptist Convention and the associated Rivers Baptist Conference. It has grown up to TEN daughter churches since inception.
GOALSProduce a regenerate, well-informed, biblically literate congregation Double the church membership every other year Open new churches wherever and whenever the Lord leads Actively support and participate in missions
OBJECTIVESEvery member or visitor a friend
Every member a friend (A well-nourished church membership)
every member a discipler
Every member a minister (A well-equipped church membership)
Every member a prayer warrior (A well-prepared church membership)
Every member a faithful steward (A well-informed church membership)
Every member a true witness ( A well-motivated church membership)
"To be a biblically based, Holy Spirit endowed church that is wholly committed to the lordship of Christ that cares in love thriugh fellowship and ministry, prepares through teaching and discipleship, prevails through worship and prayer, and proclaims through evangelism and mission."
(FAITH BAPTIST CHURCH, PORT HARCOURT: A CHURCH THAT CARES, PREPARES, PREVAILS, AND PROCLAIMS).
Our Mission"To live by and proclaim the total Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ to every location the Lord would lead us, using every scriptural means available as He provides the resources." (LOCAL RELEVANCE, GLOBAL FOCUS)
Baby Dedication .................. 1st Sunday of every month
Wedding ............................. 3rd Saturday of every month
Last Wednesday Worship ..... Last Wednesday of every month
Officers Revewal Day ..... 1st Thursday of the 2nd month of every quarter
The Gathering of the Millionaires ...... 3rd Tuesday of the 3rd month of every quarter
Prophetic Morning Dew ........ 1st of every month 6:30am to 7:30am
Burial ................................. 2nd and 4th Saturdays of every month
Baptism ............................... Last Sunday of every quarter
Counseling/Deliverance ................... Every Thursday, 9am to 5pm
Faith Baptist Church (initially called First Baptist Church, Diobu, Port Harcourt), was established in 1964. It was established following the acquisition of the land, where it is presently located by the American Baptist Mission in January 19 55. The late Rev. Dimogu was asked to move to plant a church on this land by Rev. Sledd, Missionary to the Eastern Baptist Conference. Dimogu was at that time the Pastor of the Baptist Preaching station located at 22 owhonda street, Port Harcourt, itself a daughter church of the first Baptist Church, 93, aggrey Road Port Harcourt. The church has remained on its present site on Rumuoparaeli Street from inception. Several members of the Owhonda Street preaching station moved to the new church with Rev. Dimogu. They include Mr. Cecilia Abraham Mini, Mrs. George Ezekwu who later became the treasurer of the eastern Baptist Conference. The construction of the first church auditorium and educational buildings was mainly sponsored by Mr. Cooper an American farmer who was intimated of the need by Mr. Ralph Davis, then principal of the Baptist Boys High School, Port Harcourt...[read full history]
1. 1996 The Year of Renewal Ezekiel 37:1-14
2. 1997 The Year of Exploits Dan. 11:32b
3. 1998 The Year of Enlargement 1 Chron. 4:10
4. 1999 The Year of Restoration Joel 2:25
5. 2000 The Year of Jubilee Lev. 25:10
6. 2001 The Year of Advancement Deut. 1:6-8
7. 2002 The Year of Possessing Our Possessions Obad. 17
8. 2003 The Year of New Beginnings Isa. 43:18-19
9. 2004 The Year of New Anointing Psalm 23:5b
10. 2005 The Year of Divine Visitation 1 Pet. 2:12
11. 2006 The Year of Positive Results Joel 2:21-22
12. 2007 The Year of Unlimited Favour Exod. 3:21
13. 2008 The Year of Open Doors Rev. 3:8
14. 2009 The Year of Open Heavens Deut. 28:12
15. 2010 The Year of Dominion Gen. 1:26
16. 2011 The Year of Double Honour Isa. 61:7
17. 2012 The Year of Great Conquests Rom. 8:37
18. 2013 The Year of Divine Settlement Isa. 14:1-2
19. 2014 The Year of Expansion Isa. 54:1-4
20. 2015 The Year of Total Recovery 1 Sam. 30:8, 18-20
21. 2016 The Year of Grace to Build for God Neh. 2:17-18
The Bible was written by men divinely inspired and is God's revelation of Himself to man, without any mixture of error. We believe all Scripture is totally true and trustworthy and serves as a testimony to Christ, who is the focus of divine revelation.